Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What a load of Shite!



I was abusing my remote after getting rid of my ER lump in the throat last night and I happened upon what must count as the most stupid program on local TV.

Fear Factor South Africa!

I honestly thought it was a parody. As Crazy Monkey is to Jackass so is FF SA to Fear Factor. (the one that was on mnet and the series channel)
Holding your breath in a container of milk? Rolling a dice to see who gets 1 day old, 3 day old or fresh milk in their container? It was classic idiot TV.

Chuck Norris with milk if you will.

Honestly: How scary is milk? Holding your breath is holding your breath, whether its in oil, beer, water or milk you still holding your breath. I must admit I watched the rest of the program, more like as deer in a set of headlights than anything else though.

The presenter also caught my attention, its not everyday that local productions manage to find a presenter who can without fail miss-time any and all climaxes. The guy can create an anticlimax in a gun fight!!!

I believe this masterpiece pulls a million viewers every Monday night. I don't know what's more concerning: There are a million stupid people in this country or they manage to remember to watch every week.

2 comments:

Peas on Toast said...

People will watch anything. Luckily I haven't seen this load of crap, and definitely don't intend to now! :)

I figure if people are willing to watch Nick & Jessica Simpson's bathroom habits; Jerry Springer and Egoli, well, Fear Factor SA was a natural progression.

I sometimes think '89 channels and not a thing to watch.' Sigh.

Billy said...

Fair enough! We are spoilt sometimes i suppose. You however must live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Although SA is a stunning country Johannesburg isnt.