Monday, February 20, 2006

Windhoek Surprises

I have never been a fan of Windhoek due to it being about as entertaining as a broken toe but occasionally it delivers a surprise. It did just that last week on my monthly trip.


Right in the middle of Windhoek’s city centre was this gem of a billboard.




After that the usual german display of manners and dress sense had me rushng for the airport to return to my beloved Jozi.

Pink pants and a baby blue shirtwith 165 pockets being the average fashion of a dazed tourist apparently!

5 comments:

Peas on Toast said...

You know I've never been to Windhoek, and although it does sound as exciting as a wet day in Benoni, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Loved the Germans but loved the sign even more :)

Billy said...

Windhoek has some awesome people and sights but as a business dstination it looses its shine after the 3rd time especially when you dont drink like a mine worker every night as a rule. I believe the coast and north of Nam are incredibly beautiful and well worth a visit. Windhoeks like Harrismith but a bit bigger. With Germans.

Peas on Toast said...

Like Harrismith? Wow, that does paint a pretty picture....

Yip I'd love to see the skeleton coast and Swakopmund. One day I guess. I need to get to Chile first, that is my new thing.

Billy said...

i would love to see south america, Rio carnaval, Argentina and the amazon are high on my to see places.

Peas on Toast said...

Yip, I need to start saving. A friend and I have found a package to Chile, half price for girls, skiing, cheap cheap, in August. So no more squandering my savings on stilettoes until then. ;)