Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Spud: A belter of a book.



It seems almost fashionable to recommend the book Spud by John van der Ruit but I cannot resist the temptation to blow wind up its arse.

This book rocked, I laughed,I cried and I laughed again. If you can read, this book is a must. Having survived boarding school myself it was even more of a classic but it will appeal to everyone with a sense of humour and probably some who dont...


I even laughed so loud that the people watching those crap "gag" things on the plane looked jealous!

It has fired up my passion for reading again, its been years since I read a novel so quickly and im bummed it is finished. Now what!

I demand a sequel!


2 comments:

Peas on Toast said...

We discussed Spud this holiday for the same reasons as you - we all loved it (even those who didn't go to boarding school read it and were jealous).

And after some wine I thought about writing a knock-off about life at a girls boarding school. Would be outrageously cliche to do something like that, but I almost can't resist. It also may not be as funny, because the prefects didn't beat us up, etc, but could be an option still...hmm.

Billy said...

I thought about it too but as much as i believe i am good at everything i dont know if im good at things for 300 pages plus...
My schooling was hilarious but to be able to make it funny to the masses is what counts. I really hope there is more on the way from Spud, im sure there will be, if the books selling as well as it appears to be it should be a no brainer.